Pages

Saturday, April 08, 2006

"Make a Wish" review


Make a Wish (2002)

Directed by Sharon Ferranti
Writing credits Lauren Johnson

Moynan King.... Susan
Hollace Starr.... Dawn
Lava Alapai.... Chloe
Virginia Baeta.... Monica
Susan Durham.... Brandt

You know, I am such an unashamed fan of all things lesbian that even the most tired movie still feels like good old exploitation to me. Even the most sincere lesbian love story, ("Better than Chocolate", etc), is a treasure trove of goodness. So whether it be Russian schoolgirls singing about their love or a bunch of chicks on a camping trip, I dig lesbians! But isn't "Make A Wish" just a stinky pretend slasher movie wrapped up in lesbian relationship issues? Why yes it is. And what's wrong with that?

Well, as it turns out, quite a bit. "Make a Wish" is a pretty sorry excuse of a horror flick. The kills are weak and the gore effects are pathetic. The only reason to sit through this one is the girl/girl make out sessions. There are a couple of kissing scenes and one or two sex scenes. All of these are good and made my wish come true. "Make a wish" is certainly not a good movie but it did have that one element I love. You know, "The L word".

SCORE: 1.5 out of 4 for All the things she said - Running through my head!

Now that's a lot of t.a.T.u. I made a wish and there they were!

Would you like to know more about the most shamelessly exploitaitve pop group in history? Click the link below for everything you need to know about Russian schoolgirls in love!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T.A.T.u.

Let me also say how shocked, shocked I was to learn that their love affair was just a marketing strategy! Wow! I can't believe it! How stupid do they think we are? Of course it was! But it was a great one! We need more t.aTu.!

This is not enough!!!!!!

OK, one more for the road.

No comments: