Pages

Sunday, April 02, 2006

"Sorceress" review

Sorceress (1995)

Directed by Jim Wynorski
Writing credits Mark Thomas McGee

Linda Blair.... Amelia Reynolds
Edward Albert.... Howard Reynolds
Julie Strain.... Erica Barnes
Lenny Juliano.... Don
Rochelle Swanson.... Carol
Toni Naples.... Maria

I bought the unrated version of this video. I had to have it. SHE put a spell on me. Yes. Julie Strain. She is an Amazon Sex Goddess. I was powerless to resist. "Sorceress" gives softcore a good name.

There aren't a lot of sex scenes in "Sorceress" but there is one scene about an hour into it that makes this movie worth owning. No man can resist its power. In a dream sequence, Julie Strain has sex with two women! Yes! Yes!! YES!!! It must be Christmas because Santa left me a present! This one scene is the whole reason for this movie's existence.

The rest of "Sorceress" is fairly lame. Something about spells and witches and revenge. Any "plot" scenes took away from valuable naked breast time. That's why God invented the fast forward button. There are other pretty women who get naked but they just don't have that certain something Strain has. It's still good though.

If you want Julie Strain action, my advice is to get the unrated version, fast forward an hour and party down.

SCORE: 2.5 out of 4 for the notorious Julie Strain

1 comment:

Michael Whiteacre said...

I believe this was the first film set I ever visited. New to L.A. and writing for magazines such as Femme Fatales.

I remember vividly being greeted by Jim, Fred Olen Ray (with whom I discussed "Conjure Wife") and Toni Naples, and interviewing them on my little cassette recorder.

This shoot was where I met my late friend, Gary Graver, who "put me on" quite a bit in his interview -- except when I asked him about Claudia Jennings, whom he had dated and worked with on two movies.

This was also where I met sound mixer Lee Alexander, a terrific guy (whom I later hired) who always found it amusing that I would work him into "on-the-set-of..." profiles.

I tried hard to capture the spirit of these shoots, and I must have succeeded because Jim was pleased enough with my report to tell the magazine that he wanted me alone to cover his shoots for them. As a young writer with a wife, I appreciated it very much as it meant more money for groceries and Laser Discs.