Pages

Friday, September 01, 2006

"Venomous" review

Venomous (2002)

Directed by Fred Olen Ray
Writing credits Dan Golden Sean McGinly

Treat Williams.... Dr. David Henning
Mary Page Keller .... Dr. Christine Edmonton Henning
Hannes Jaenicke .... Dr. Eric Foreman
Catherine Dent .... Susan Edmonton

The video box cover for this one is amazingly similar to the cover of "Silent Predators". Both covers have a giant snake head lunging at you. I don't know who's ripping off who. I do know that I will rent any movie with a vicious snake attacking me.

Snakes crawl around town biting people and infecting them with their toxic venom. The snakes are "Venomous". The doctor is looking for answers and everyone is stonewalling him.

Don't be fooled by the drooling giant snake head on the video box cover. This is not a horror movie. This is a medical thriller that just happens to have nasty snakes as the source of the infection. "Venomous" is a competently made B-movie. It didn't hurt me too much. But I was hoping for more horror in my giant snake head movie. Instead I got Doctor Do-Right and his quest for a snake bite cure. Not quite the snake movie I was hoping for.

SCORE: 1.5 out of 4 Cobra strikes

No comments: