Pages

Friday, November 24, 2006

"Beavis and Butt-Head Do America" review


Beavis and Butt-Head Do America (1996)

Directed by Mike Judge Yvette Kaplan
Writing credits Mike Judge Joe Stillman

Mike Judge .... Beavis, Butt-Head, Tom Anderson, Mr. Van Driessen (voice)
Bruce Willis .... Muddy Grimes (voice)
Demi Moore .... Dallas Grimes (voice)
Cloris Leachman .... Old Woman on Plane and Bus (voice)
Robert Stack .... ATF Agent Flemming (voice)

It's official. The suspense is over. I don't like Beavis and Butthead. They're too stupid and annoying for me. There, I've gotten that off my chest and I feel better for it. Their nonstop laughter grates me. So why did I bother watching this? Because when it comes to movies, I'm an eternal optimist.

So Beavis and Butthead hit the road to find their stolen TV. The dips get embroiled in a weapons smuggling scheme and are chased by a body cavity searching G-man. Somewhere along the way they hope to score with the opposite sex. Don't we all?

This movie was fair. I laughed at a few spots. But B&B annoy me too much for me to really like this movie. The show was kind of funny because B&B gave a running commentary on the videos they watched. Unfortunately their TV was unplugged for this adventure. This left us with only Beavis and Butthead and their shrill cackles echoing across America. Heh heh ehhhhhh...

SCORE: 2 out of 4 brain dead dips

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

beavis and butt-head are the second greatest comedy team of all time, (only stan and ollie are funnier), there were moments on their t.v. show that i can only describe as "inspirational comic genius beyond all imagining", the only thing that got on my nerves about the show was the fact that butt-head did not have the ability to convince daria to become his girlfreind, you could see how he really used to fancy that bird but because of his mind-boggling stupidity he could never chat her up, (or endear himself to her in any way), which is a shame because i think they would have made quite a charming couple, and when daria went on to her own show she really did blossom into a right gorgeous little darlin`.

Dr. Gore said...

Can't comment too much on the TV show as I didn't see many episodes. However, Beavis and Butthead did not endear themselves to me in this movie. I can still hear their shrill laughter echoing in my brain. As far as comedy teams, how about Kermit and Fozzie, Dr. Evil and Mini-Me or even The Dude and Walter? Any one of those I'd put above Beavis and Butthead.

Anonymous said...

dr. gore, i dont want to sound to contrary but in my opinion the 3 comedy teams you mentioned represent, for me, some of the most murderously and embarressingly appalling so-called comedy that has ever disgraced our screens, (mike myers, for instance, is perhaps the biggest load of old rubbish ever to burden the human race with his hideous presense, before we even get to his idiotic pathetic excruciating attempts to make people laugh), so i think you should buy a box set of all the beavis and butt-head episodes and really experience some truly great comedy and that inspirational comic genius i was talking about, because the sound of their laughter in my mind is one of the few things that makes my life worth living !!!.