Pages

Saturday, November 18, 2006

"Immoral Tales" review

Immoral Tales (1974)
AKA Contes immoraux

Directed by Walerian Borowczyk
Writing credits André Pieyre de Mandiargues

Lise Danvers .... Julie
Fabrice Luchini .... André
Charlotte Alexandra .... Thérèse
Paloma Picasso .... Elisabeth Bathory

My brother gave me this DVD about a year ago. I finally got around to watching it. A movie called "Immoral Tales" demands that the viewer be in the proper frame of mind before viewing its immorality. Something inside me told me that today was the day for an art house erotic tale. So now I've seen it. Hmmmm. Maybe I should have waited a couple more years.

I always wondered why he would give up a perfectly good softcore flick. Now I know. Actually, to call this movie a softcore flick is erroneous. This movie is not interested in sex, softcore or otherwise. It is interested in being immoral in the artiest way possible.

"Immoral Tales" is divided into four segments. They've got cousin games, zucchini loving, bathing and church debauchery. The first two tales are boring and uneventful. The cousins are boring and the zucchini is uneventful. The second two stories start to give the movie a much needed lift. In the third tale, the Countess brings a truckload of naked women to her castle and watches them bathe. These women scrub themselves super, squeaky clean. It all ends in blood, hysteria and more cleaning. The last tale has some horny priests getting it on. It's all immoral and it's all scandalous but is it erotic? No. I've seen music videos that have turned me on more.

On the plus side, there are a ton of naked women in this movie. But the third tale is the only one worth watching. It's basically an exercise in watching naked women bathe. Hey, whatever works. The only thing that I found shocking was the scene where the soldier holds up the naked baby girl for the Countess. I really don't need to see that. Of all the Immoral Tales, that just might be a little too immoral.

SCORE: 2 out of 4 immoral, (but very clean), womenChin up. YOU need a good cleaning.

No comments: